In this lesson we are going to learn about cells and battery. This source of electricity is commonly used through chemical reaction hosedd in electrical cells and batteries.
Battery is usually used for emergency and portable electric power. Batteries are the main source of power at present.
After going through this unit you will be able to
- explain the meaning of cell, principle of a cell
- explain the properties of cell
- state the uses of dry cell
- define electrode, electrolyte, electrolysis
- explain the construction and chemical reaction in the lead acid cell
- explain the use of charging equipment and battery testing instruments