OER Workshop on Rural Technology at Pune on dated July 1-3, 2012
A three days workshop was organised by NIOS at Dept of Petroleum Engineering computer Lab, MIT, Pune for development of OER in the area of Rural Technology during 1-3 July 2012. The Objectives of the workshop were :
- To finalize the restructured concept based syllabus- content analysis / concept maps
- To select topics, subtopics and concepts by each participant for developing OERs (At least 3 OERs on one concept per participant)
- To develop skills for working on the e-platform for development of OERs.
- To prepare first draft of an OER- to present, observe, critically analyze and receive feedback.
- Prepare for the assignment- next 3 weeks work.
The workshop started with the inaugural address of Prof. Ram Takwale former V.C of IGNOU. He outlined the importance of OER in the twenty first century. A total of 26 experts from Rural Technology field attended the workshop. This has resulted into understanding the concepts of OER, SLM, processes and procedures for development of concept based OERs by the partcipants. The participants had hands on experience under the supervision of Prof. M.N.Deshmukh, Dr.Jayashree Shinde, Head Dept.of Educational Technology, SNDT University , Prof. Veena Deshmukh-Director Centre of Distance Education , SNDT university,Dr.Yogesh Kulkarni -Course Coordinator of Rural Technology and Mr. Avinash Kulkarni, IT expert .The participants gave Presentation of the work done- received the feedback. Finally the participants submitted first draft of OER to work further on with feedback from experts and other participants.Dr.Satyawati Rawool, Retd Professor of Education and Mr. Narendra Deshmukh , Sr. Scientific Officer, HBCSE, Mumbai gave inputs as Pedagogues .