OER Workshop on Tourism and Hospitality Management at Pune on dated June 19-21, 2012
A three days workshop was organised by NIOS at ME computer Lab, MIT, Pune for development of OER in the area of Tourism and Hospitality during 19-21 June 2012. The Objectives of the workshop were :
- To finalize the restructured concept based syllabus- content analysis / concept maps
- To select topics, subtopics and concepts by each participant for developing OERs (At least 3 OERs on one concept per participant)
- To develop skills for working on the e-platform for development of OERs.
- To prepare first draft of an OER- to present, observe, critically analyze and receive feedback.
- Prepare for the assignment- next 3 weeks work.
A total of 21 experts from Hospitality and Tourism field attended the workshop. This has resulted into understanding the concepts of OER, SLM, processes and procedures for development of concept based OERs by the partcipants. The participants had hands on experience under the supervision of Prof. M.N.Deshmukh, Mrs.Chitra Wadke - faculty , SNDT University , Prof. Veena Deshmukh-Director Centre of Distance Education , SNDT university,Mrs. Sunetra Roday -Course Coordinator Hospitality and Tourism and Mr. Avinash Kulkarni .The participants gave Presentation of the work done- received the feedback. Finally the participants submitted first draft of OER to work further on with feedback from experts and other participants.