Rural Technology Group Page
First OER Workshop in Rural Technology
A three days workshop was organised by NIOS at Dept of Petroleum Engineering computer Lab, MIT, Pune for development of OER in the area of Rural Technology during 1-3 July 2012. The Objectives of the workshop were :
- To finalize the restructured concept based syllabus- content analysis / concept maps
- To select topics, subtopics and concepts by each participant for developing OERs (At least 3 OERs on one concept per participant)
- To develop skills for working on the e-platform for development of OERs.
- To prepare first draft of an OER- to present, observe, critically analyze and receive feedback.
- Prepare for the assignment- next 3 weeks work.
The workshop started with the inaugural address of Prof. Ram Takwale former V.C of IGNOU. He outlined the importance of OER in the twenty first century. A total of 26 experts from Rural Technology field attended the workshop. This has resulted into understanding the concepts of OER, SLM, processes and procedures for development of concept based OERs by the partcipants. The participants had hands on experience under the supervision of Prof. M.N.Deshmukh, Dr.Jayashree Shinde, Head Dept.of Educational Technology, SNDT University , Prof. Veena Deshmukh-Director Centre of Distance Education , SNDT university,Dr.Yogesh Kulkarni -Course Coordinator of Rural Technology and Mr. Avinash Kulkarni, IT expert .The participants gave Presentation of the work done- received the feedback. Finally the participants submitted first draft of OER to work further on with feedback from experts and other participants.Dr.Satyawati Rawool, Retd Professor of Education and Mr. Narendra Deshmukh , Sr. Scientific Officer, HBCSE, Mumbai gave inputs as Pedagogues .
Second OER Workshop on Rural Technology
A three days workshop was organised by NIOS at SNDT college of Education for women, Pune for development of OERs in the area of Rural Technology during 11-13 August 2012. The Objectives of the workshop were :
- To present the modified OERs developed in the last workshop and finalization
- To prepare draft of Second OER- to present, observe, critically analyze and receive feedback
- To search for the available OERs for adaptation
- Prepare for the assignment- next 3 weeks work.
The three days workshop was entirely on independent work by the participants. On the first day the participants presented the final OERs developed from the inputs received during the first workshop and thereafter. The experts Dr.Satyawati Rawool, Retd Professor of Education and Mr. Narendra Deshmukh , Sr. Scientific Officer, HBCSE, Mumbai gave inputs as Pedagogues. On Second day participants worked on the draft of second OER with concept map, the structure of the OER with objectives and nature of presentation of the content. They also incorporated some contents in the draft OERs. On the third they presented the drafts and received feedback from other participants and experts. The workshop ended with briefing from Dr.Yogesh Kulkarni for working on the OER draft at home for finalization.
Third OER Workshop in Rural Technology A three days workshop was organised by NIOS at M.E Computer Lab of MIT, Pune for development of OERs in the area of Rural Technology during 23,24 and 25th November 2012. The Objectives of the workshop were :
- To finalize the OERs prepared in the last two workshops
- To prepare final draft of third OER with inputs from Peers and Experts.
- To search the available OERs for adaptation
A total of 24 experts including Pedagogues ,Resource Persons and ICT specialists participated in the workshop. On the first day Mr. K.L. Gupta , Regional Director welcomed all the participants. Thereafter Prof. M.N.Deshmukh , Chief Mentor (OER Project) detailed the objective of the three days workshop and summarized the work completed so far. The three days workshop focussed entirely on independent work by the participants. During the first session the participants reviewed final draft of the two OERs developed from the inputs received during the earlier workshops and submitted the same for final production . Dr.Satyawati Rawool, Retd Professor of Education and Dr. Narendra Deshmukh , Sr. Scientific Officer, HBCSE, Mumbai gave inputs as Pedagogues. Dr. Veena Deshmukh , former Directer of Centre of Distance Education, SNDT University , Mumbai gave inputs on Instructional System Design .The course coordinator Dr.Yogesh Kulkarni gave inputs to the participants on the content of the OER.
On Second day participants worked on development of third OER . Initially they discussed their work in pair and finalized the draft with one to one interaction with the experts and technical assistance from Mr. Avinash Kulkarni .The participants presented the draft OERs and received feedback from other participants and experts.
On the third day the participants worked on the inputs from the experts . During the last session they identified OERs from the internet for adaptation . The participants also gave operational modalities of these OERs by stating the objectives, activities, action plan and evaluation strategies. The workshop ended with inputs from Mr. K.L.Gupta Regional Director for working on the third OER draft at home prior to submission towards the first week of December and elaborating the role of the participants as Online educators in the coming days.
Outcomes of this workshop are as under:
- The participants received Hands on experience under the supervision of the experts .
- Discussed their o work and to received feedback.
- Submitted first two OERs and worked on the third draft .
- Submitted the Final Draft of third OER with incorporation of feedback received.