Essentials of Pranayam
|Previous Page||Home Page||Next Page|
Following factors are important will doing pranayam:-
- The best position to practice pranayam is padmasan.If for some reason that position is difficult to adopt, it can be done while sitting in any comfortable position like Sukhasan.
- One should keep the back, neck and head in a straight line.
- The body and mind should be in its natural relaxed condition.
- Use your right finger and thumb on either side of the nose to control the right and left nostril during inhalation and
- One should inhale and exhale slowly and rhythmically.
- The beginner of pranayam should practice inhaling and exhaling only, for a few days, in the ratio of 1:2. For example if inhalation takes 5 seconds, exhalation should be for 10 seconds.
- While practicing Pranayam maintain the ratio of 1:4:2 for inhaling, retention of breath and exhale respectively.