House is one of the basic needs of human beings. All of us live in a house. There are many types of houses. Your relatives may be living in a small hut in the village. Your friend, Radha may be having a flat and another friend Sita may be staying in a bunglow in a city.
You can get the house constructed yourself or you can purchase a readymade house and if you cannot afford this you may stay in a rented house.
What are the points one must keep in mind while selecting a house? How best can you utilise space in the house? What tips are to be followed while decorating it? You will find answers to these and some other questions in this lesson.
After going this lesson, you will be able to:
- state the functions of a ‘Home’
- suggest ways of providing adequate lighting and ventilation in the home
- relate the effect of poor lighting and ventilation to ill health
- identify ways of the maintaining sanitary conditions around the home
- organise safe disposal of waste at home
- organise work areas effectively and aesthetically